The biggest decision of summer has been made! Biscoff latte is the coolest summer coffee drink in 2021!
The people have spoken! Well, the people of TikTok, at least. Tiktok is the new space where trendsetters set…well, trends. And since making awesome drinks at home became a thing when the pandemic hit, TikTok has been where the coolest coffee iced coffee drinks of the season have been crowned.
In 2020, it was the Dalgona coffee, and this year, the winner is the Iced Biscoff Latte.
The irresistible-looking drink has attracted almost a million views since it was posted on the @7amcoffeeclub account.
The coffee-loving TikToker prepared the drink by pouring espresso over a scoop of biscuit butter (Biscoff is the brand of her choice), mixed it up, and then transferred it all into a tall glass of ice, added some vanilla syrup and some cold milk.
While this sounds delicious, we thought we’d challenge our coffee expert, Junior Vargas, to come up with his own take on the iced coffee sensation.
So here you have it – Iced Biscoff Latte, Julius Meinl style!
What you will need:
- 4-5 biscuits smashed (that’s right – you get to smash up some biscuits!)
- 8-10 ice cubes depending on the size of your glass
- 200-250 ml of milk (plant-based, or dairy)
- a shot of espresso (if prepared with a Moka pot then prepare 30ml- 50ml)
- optional toppings like whipped cream, a biscuit, or some biscuit crumbles
Here’s how to make it:
- The first step will require connecting with your inner child – throw your biscuits into some warm milk and start mashing. Mash until you can’t mash anymore and your hand starts cramping up (ok, maybe stop before it reaches this point, but be sure to thoroughly mash those biscuits up). Then transfer your biscuit mash into a tall glass.
Making a mess and eating biscuits while executing this step is highly recommend.
- Fill the glass with as many ice cubes as you wish.
- Go ahead and fill the glass almost to the top with milk, leaving the width of one finger
- Pour in your shot of espresso (or if it’s a Moka pot brew – 30–50ml of coffee)
- And while things are looking damn good and tasty already, add your own special touch by garnishing it with whipped cream, or go ahead and smash some more biscuits to sprinkle over the top (that’s right, let it all out on the biscuits)
If this has tickled your urge to make more iced coffee creations, check out our other cold coffee recipes, plus some helpful tips and tricks from our coffee expert.
This might also interest you
4 DIY cold coffee tips and tricks for summer from an expert
Coffee has entered a new era in recent years. While coffee producers, roasters and baristas are using technology to up their game, creativity combined with new innovative ideas are helping take coffee to the next level. We mean, who would have ever thought 20 years ago we’d be mixing coffee with tonic?
6 ways to upgrade your homemade iced tea game, told by the experts
Okay, so your iced tea consumption throughout the hot and sticky days of summer is off the charts and you’ve got your own homemade recipe, but you’re looking to take it to another level, which has led to you landing here. Well, let’s get this Iced Par-tea started! (we apologise, we couldn’t help ourselves)